Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Been wanting to make this ... finally did

I've seen these camera straps all over craft blogs and marked them as "to do". Then I found this great tutorial on cluck cluck sew and so while Melissa was here in March we made them.

We followed the tutorial but we wanted to sew in some stripes to add dimension so when the tutorial added the interfacing we just used a thicker interfacing and did the following... (Again, we just followed this tutorial for all our measurements etc. )

Once we ironed on the thick interfacing we measured and drew lines every half-inch.

Then straight stitched down those lines

And finished up according to the tutorial.


Super easy and I love how it turned out.

I also love that it is removable so I can wash it and make a new one when I get tired of this print.

Look at me... I'm sewing!!!!

7 comments:

Sheyb said...

looking good. :) I make and sell them. lol.

Room to Inspire said...

Great job. I love how colorful and fun it looks! My camera would be sooo happy...

Chelsea

Jaclyn said...

Ooooo...thanks for posting! I've been wanting to make one of these for a while...hopefully it turns out good!

Beth- the mama bee said...

I made one too and love that I can take it off and change them out... hubby didn't want to wear the one I made, so we have a few now.

Stacey said...

Yours is so cute...it's been on my list as well!

em said...

thx for instructions! I need to make one, too, but then again, I NEVER use my camera....Maybe having a cute strap would make me want to...?? :) Love the fabric you chose!

I think you said...

This is all I care about everything, you know? Maybe you have never really understand my existence.cheap nike nfl jerseys